Thursday, October 18, 2007

This is One of the Coolest Things I Have Read About Nashville


Here is part of a post on Bob Lefsetz's blog and here is a quick description of him via his blog.
~~~~~~~
Bob Lefsetz is the author of "The Lefsetz Letter." Famous for being beholden to no one and speaking the truth, Lefsetz addresses the issues that are at the core of the music business: downloading, copy protection, pricing and the music itself.

His intense brilliance captivates readers from Steven Tyler to Rick Nielsen to Bryan Adams to Quincy Jones to EVERYBODY who’s in the music business.

Never boring, always entertaining, Bob’s insights are fueled by his stint as an entertainment business attorney, majordomo of Sanctuary Music’s American division and consultancies to major labels.

"The Lefsetz Letter" has been publishing for the past 20 years. First as hard copy, most recently as an email newsletter and now, for the first time, in blog form.
~~~~~~~

I think that was Tommy Shaw on the plane. You know, the blond guy from Damn Yankees and Styx. Would have been hard to believe just a few years ago, but rockers in music city? De rigueur!

And it is music city. My limo driver, who was not an Angeleno, as in this was his real job, DRIVING THE LIMO, not trying to make it as an entertainer…all the tourist sites he pointed out were music-related. Well, except for the ‘que palace. He said to drop in at Jack’s…and I’m gonna DO THAT!

It’s over eighty here. Which is hard to believe. Flying east from L.A., it’s always COLDER! And the land is flat. And there are clouds. Not quite like a Michelangelo painting, but the kind that set your imagination free anyway.

and a little more from his post...

I forgot I was in the south. The people here have a mildly stronger accent than Al Gore. Which is just a fraction of the drawl of my old girlfriend from Tallahassee. And FRIENDLY! God, you wonder why there’s still a war between the north and the south. The southerners just can’t understand what all the huff and puff and rudeness is about.

The dude didn’t come up to connect me as quickly as he said, which had me burning in my seat, as I wanted to hit send, but when he knocked on my door and came in, it was like we were NEXT DOOR NEIGHBORS! Like he’d dropped by with a cup of sugar, and since he was over might as well give me a couple of cake tips.

Read all of his thoughts and comments about Nashville at his BLOG.

No comments: