Saturday, September 01, 2007

New Convention Center in Nashville

Should we fund a convention center before we know the size, design and cost?

This is a question I ask over the last week in a poll on my blog and all the votes were along the same lines of my feelings for the project. The people of Nashville should not have to pay for something, via taxes, until we know the size, measurements, cost and planning ahead of time.

There were some people who voted for the idea of having it be planned, owned and funded privately and I again agree with a lot with the way of thinking. I just don't think taxpayers money should be taken without our agreement and without us knowing what we are getting into.

No city should plan on something and begin the taxation process without first letting the people of that city know what is involved.

Do you agree? Let me know what you think and what you feel the best way to handle it is...

No comments: