Tuesday, August 14, 2007

White Squall; the movie



I loved this movie when I saw it in the mid to late 1990's and I loved the adventure of it and wished I could be on that boat with them. Although he ran a tight ship the Captain taught life lessons that could be used for the rest of your life.

The scenery was incredible and I now want to go and find it to watch again, soon.



"White Squall" is the true story of a ship school called the "Albatross." The school is run by the captain, Christopher "Skipper" Sheldon (Jeff Bridges) and his wife, Dr. Alice Sheldon (Caroline Goodall). In the of 1960, the couple took aboard eight teeanage boys from around the country for eight months of learning how to sail, be a crew, and respect one another. the crew goes through hardtimes and more laid-back times, but they must come together when a freak storm gets them in trouble in the middle of the ocean.

Quotes from Captain Christopher "Skipper Sheldon:

You can't run from the wind. You trim your sails, face the music, and keep going.

Nothing happens on this ship that I don't know about. She speaks to me in the night. So don't test me, not even a little.

No comments: