Sunday, July 15, 2007

A walk on the Wilder side of life



Webb Wilder works hard, rocks hard, eats hard, sleeps hard, he grew big and he wears glasses ('cause he needs 'em). Heck, he'd better live like that -- because as his fans well know, that's the singer's credo. And evidence of all that hard stuff is everywhere in his two-bedroom Nashville apartment.

more of the article...

1. If you had to save one "thing" from your home, what would it be? The guitar I use the most in the band, a "Frankenstein" (made from various after-market parts) Fender telecaster type of guitar. That particular one has the autographs of Chet Atkins, Duane Eddy, James Burton, Scotty Moore, Hank Garland, Jimmy Johnson (Muscle Shoals), Don Helms, Bill Kirchen and Redd Volkaert.



2. One thing on a wall in your living room: Framed, original lobby card for "Bells of Colorado" starring Roy Rogers and Dale Evans. Roy and Dale autographed it to me personally when I met them in California. My then manager, Willie Perkins knew I was gonna meet Roy and had the lobby card sent out to my publicist at the time who helped set the whole thing up. It was all really cool.Roy Rogers was my first hero and the first prominent media figure that I admired. Keith Richards feels the same way. Ask him! Anyway, meeting him and Dale was a dream come true. Roy Rogers is the "King of the Cowboys" just like Elvis is the "King of Rock and Roll." (The "Roy" on the guitar is a coincidence...or is it?)

3. Do any walls in your home match the color of your eyes? Sorta. The living room is kind of a sick shade of green.

4. Best furniture bargain you ever got and where'd you get it? My golden oak hall tree with cow horns. [I] got the cowboy hall tree from an antiques mall in Adams, Tenn., and brought it home in a horse trailer.

To read the entire article, please visit Metromix in the Chicago Tribune.

No comments: