Saturday, January 05, 2008

They Tested the Warning Sirens Today



Today we were sitting at the table enjoying some good food when the warning sirens started to go off around this area. We are just outside of Hamburg, Germany and I was told that they do this every Saturday at 12noon to test the sirens.

Even though it was just a test, I couldn't help but imagine the idea of bombers flying overhead and having to run to the cellar for shelter. I could imagine the fear and chaos as the sounds of the planes interrupted our pleasant conversations and the sounds and feel of bombs crashing throughout the neighborhood.

Yes, I sat and imagined that and yes it was only a test but it made me think how fortunate I am to be here in a great place like this with good friends and good food and not have to worry about that sort of thing.

Have a great day ya'll

No comments: