Friday, January 18, 2008

Baker's Cafe- "The Down Home Restaurant" Review in the Tennessean



At Baker's Cafe, years of practice have made this restaurant's food a favorite among locals.

One of Goodlettsville's popular meat-and-three eateries wasn't started by professional chefs but by a husband-and-wife team who decided that providing good food and down-home hospitality was to be their life.



"My wife and I were both in sales and just thought we could open a restaurant. I didn't even know how to make spaghetti," Brian Baker said.

Baker and his wife, Tina, first leased the building at 503 S. Main St. but knew a year later they had made the right decision and bought the place. Perfecting family recipes eventually came, too.

"I hired three cooks in the beginning, but that didn't last, and by the third day I had to shut down because I couldn't cook," Brian Baker said. "My mom said we couldn't do that, and it was about time I learned to cook."

Read the entire review in the Tennessean.

No comments: