Monday, July 02, 2007

Toto, I don't think we're in Switzerland anymore...

This is from the blog of Un-Miss Swiss. Please visit to read the entire post.

~~~~~~~

I spent nearly all of June in the United States. The trip was wonderful, of course. I got to visit friends and family, drive everywhere, indulge in proper barbecues, bask in air-conditioned homes, and of course stock up at the local Target and Wal-mart! Still, I could tell that my time abroad has changed me.

Top ten moments from the trip:

"Wow, these [clothes/shoes/food] are such a good deal!"~ on multiple occasions while shopping with a friend in the West Village

"Have American beds always been so short?"~ on seeing Swissy Pie's feet sticking out over the queen-sized mattress (they don't in our bed)

"What's this Top Chef show everyone is talking about?"~ at Perilla, a restaurant in New York recently opened by 2006 season winner Harold Dieterle

"What's wrong with you guys?"~ on being told there's no recycling in my Kentucky hometown - because the city thinks it's too expensive

No comments: