Monday, June 25, 2007

Jack White Interview from Pitchfork

Pitchfork: How's the Nashville skyline tonight?

Jack White: Looking real good.

Pitchfork: Enjoying living there?

White: Very much. The best thing I ever did.

Pitchfork: You don't miss Detroit?

White: Not really. There's some really nice buildings in Detroit, and I miss some of those.

Pitchfork: Was it always going to be Nashville?

White: I wanted to be somewhere down in the south. I looked around Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, Kentucky, Tennessee, and it just felt right in Nashville. It kept calling out to me for some reason, so I didn't fight it.

Pitchfork: You played the Cannery Ballroom in Nashville recently, and it was the first White Stripes show since December 2005. Was it like getting back on a horse or were you a bit rusty?

White: It was a little of everything. Some things came completely natural and some things I had to think, "How did we do this again?" We just needed to get out there and do one. We'd been rehearsing with a new crew and new gear and all these new songs, of course. So we said, "Let's just play a show and get this out of our system." It's a lot different to rehearsing where you stop to get a drink of water or go to the bathroom. We needed an actual show to jolt us into being where we're used to being.

Read the entire article and interview, HERE

No comments: