Monday, October 01, 2007

My Nashville

I have read a book called "My South" by Craig McMahon and I love it. If you get a chance to read it, do it because it is a wonderful book that gives you the feel of what makes the South so special.

I would like to create something here called "My Nashville" and hear how you all feel about Nashville. I want to hear from Nashvillians and people that have visited our great city. I want to know what part of Nashville touches you deep in your heart and why you live here or wish you lived here.I look forward to hearing your input.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My Nashville:
Walking around inside the Ryman and imagining the history and wishing the walls could talk.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From the book "My South"--

My south is home. It’s the tall pines under which I played in my youth. It’s the soft red clay that was a key ingredient in my mud pies.

In my South, people still say “please” and “thank you,” “yes, ma’am’ and “no, sir.”

My South is sunset symphonies and fine wines…and southern R&B so alive that you can’t sit still and gospel so good it brings you to tears.

No comments: