Saturday, February 17, 2007

Smokey the Canine Concierge Grazing In Nashville

Smokey, the canine concierge, enjoying Whammo chili from Sub Stop




Smokey eating a Pastrami and Swiss sandwich from Sub Stop




Sub Stop
1701 Broadway
615-255-6482

What I had:Pastrami and Swiss with lettuce, tomato and onions and a bowl of Whammo Chili with cheese.Overall: A delicious sandwich that was really good but I somehow forgot to add any kind of condiment and that would have made it even better. The chili was good as well and wasn't to spicy hot, so anyone could enjoy it.

I have heard that Kix Brooks is in there a good bit to get his tuna sandwich with jalapenos but I have yet to see him.

I recommend it...



Smokey eating a roast beef sandwich from Cracker Barrel


Cracker Barrel

What We Had:
Chicken and Dumplins with fried okra, green beans and macaroni & cheese and corn bread. I had sweet tea to drink. Open-faced Roast Beef Sandwich with mashed potatoes and brown gravy.

Overall:A really good meal in a "comfort" food haven. A fun, rustic place with antiques hanging from the walls and ceiling and a gift shop as well. Our server was really good and as their business shows, Cracker Barrel delivers a delicious Southern meal everytime.

I recommend it...

No comments: