Saturday, January 06, 2007

Wilderness Adventures in Alaska

When people think of Alaska and taking a trip there it often brings up thoughts of hiking through vast areas of true wilderness and breathtaking scenery. Some people want to experience Alaska by taking a cruise and visiting the towns and cities that way while also being out on the water to see the glaciers, whales, etc. If you have a strong sense of adventure and you are in good shape, that is important, than a great way to see the grandness of Alaska is to take a "wilderness adventure." This will allow you to have a guide but also to go out on the water in a sea kayak, go hiking, float a river, fly over the wilderness, animal watch and more.

Now let me say that I have yet to do this and yes, I need to get into better shape before I try it but.....I want to do it and someday I will. I can't think of a better way to get out and see what it is all about than to take a trip with someone like Alaska Discovery. I want to be out there sweating and getting back in touch with my wild side. Now when I get back to "civilization" I would have no problem checking into a nice resort or hotel and being pampered again. Why not be able to enjoy the best of both worlds?

Have a look a their tours and I bet you will find something that would make you dream of an Alaskan adventure and who knows, maybe someday we can share stories of our travels in Alaska.

No comments: