Thursday, October 19, 2006

Crabby Cabby?

I know that when I go to the hotel that I sometimes see or hear things that I don't do or care for. My job is not to tell these people I can't help them because I disagree with them on something but to help them get where they need to go or find the information they need. I think people who get into the hospitality or customer service fields should understand that and not try to impose their beliefs on the people they are serving.

I have seen cab drivers get upset because the people getting in are not going across the state but hey that is how the ball bounces sometimes. It might work out where you do something you don't want to at the moment and later you get a perfect run or assignment. Just roll with the punches and realize it will all work out in the end.

Sometimes we just have to give a little and take a little to make the world a better place. If you don't want to do something than don't work at a job where you are going to have to do that. Basic customer service is to do what the customer/guest/client ask or needs you to do. I don't feel this is asking to much of anyone.

Here is the story of the cab drivers in Minnesota that won't drive someone with alcohol in their possessions.
Muslim Cabbies

No comments: